NDA 2018 Exam Syllabus and Schedule for Paper-I & Paper-II has been released now. Here we are providing details about NDA 2018 examination including Syllabus, Pattern and Selection Procedures.
About NDA I 2018
UPSC conducts exam every year for National Defense Academy and National Naval Academy and for this year UPSC has recently invited applications for the National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2018. Candidates who’s age is between 02/07/1999 to 01/07/2002 and having qualification of 12th Pass from the University/ Institute recognized by the Government of India with relevant experience (if any) are eligible to apply for the post.
National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), Syllabus 2018
Educational Qualification for NDA (I) 2018
- Army Wing of National Defence Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
The exam pattern details are given below
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through pen and paper-based mode.
- Exam Duration: Two and half hour duration will be given for Code 1 and Code 2.
- Section: The exam will consist of two sections like Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in bilingual, i.e. English & Hindi only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking done for wrong answers.
|Mathematics||1||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||2 ½ Hours||600|
SSB Interview for NDA 2018After qualifying the written examination, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview round.
- Candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview on the date & time given in the call letter.
- The SSB interview round will be conducted in two stages over five days.
- Stage 1 will comprise of OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Stage 2 will have Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference.
Medical Examination and Documents Verification for NDA 2018
- Candidates have to bring their original 10+2 or equivalent exam certificates to the Service Selection Board.
- Documents will be verified after clearing the SSB Interview round.
- Original documents will be returned to candidates after document verification process.
- After clearing the SSB round, shortlisted candidates have to go through the medical test.
- The medical test will be organized over three to five days.
- After the medical test, a final merit list of selected candidates for NDA will be released.
NDA (I) 2018 Syllabus
- Before preparing for the examination, candidates should gather all the details regarding officially prescribed syllabus.
- The syllabus has been divided into two sections, i.e. Mathematics & General Ability Test.
- The mathematics section will contain topics like Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.
- The general ability section is divided into two parts, i.e. English and General Knowledge.
NDA (I) 2018 Preparation Tips
- First of all, make a proper study plan for your preparations.
- Make a timetable and divide time equally for all the subjects.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your studies.
- Prepare from the NCERT books and study materials available in the market or on the Indiashines.
- Practice previous year question papers and sample papers it will help you to get familiarize with the exam pattern.
- While preparing for the exam, never ignore your health.
- Take the healthy and nutritious diet and do meditation and exercise it will help you to increase concentration.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Form Submission Start Date : 15/01/2018
Form Submission Last Date : 05/02/2018 till 06:00 pm
Last Date for Application Fee Payment : 04/02/2018