NDA & NA UPSC Recruitment National Defense Academy – 2018
UPSC conducts exam every year for National Defense Academy and National Naval Academy and for this year UPSC has recently invited applications for the National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2018. Candidates who’s age is between 02/07/1999 to 01/07/2002 and having qualification of 12th Pass from the University/ Institute recognized by the Government of India with relevant experience (if any) are eligible to apply for the post.
National Defense Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2018
TOTAL NO OF POSTS: 415 Posts
NAME AND NO OF POSTS
Defence Wing Wise Vacancy:
- Army – 208
- Navy – 60
- Air Force – 92
- 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme – 55
AGE LIMIT for NDA 2018:
Born between 02/07/1999 to 01/07/2002
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION FOR NDA 2018:
- Army Wing of National Defence Academy : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme : 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Written exam and then shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB (Interview)
The exam pattern details are given here:
- Type of Question: There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted through pen and paper-based mode.
- Exam Duration: Two and half hour duration will be given for Code 1 and Code 2.
- Section: The exam will consist of two sections like Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in bilingual, i.e. English & Hindi only.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking done for wrong answers.
|Mathematics||1||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||2 ½ Hours||600|
SSB Interview for NDA 2018:
After qualifying the written examination, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview round.
- Candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview on the date & time given in the call letter.
- The SSB interview round will be conducted in two stages over five days.
- Stage 1 will comprise of OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Stage 2 will have Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference.
Medical Examination and Documents Verification for NDA 2018:
- Candidates have to bring their original 10+2 or equivalent exam certificates to the Service Selection Board.
- Documents will be verified after clearing the SSB Interview round.
- Original documents will be returned to candidates after document verification process.
- After clearing the SSB round, shortlisted candidates have to go through the medical test.
- The medical test will be organized over three to five days.
- After the medical test, a final merit list of selected candidates for NDA will be released.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- for general & OBC students.
- SC/ST candidates and wards of NCOs/ JCOs/ORs are not required to pay any application fee.
- The fee payment can be done via online mode (VISA/Master/Debit Card and Net banking).
- In offline mode, payment can be done through e-challan of SBI Bank.
HOW TO APPLY:
Eligible candidates shall submit online application by visiting www.upsconline.nic.in and follow the instructions how to apply online for UPSC (NDA & NA) Recruitment 2018 carefully before you start filling Online Form.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Form Submission Start Date : 15/01/2018
Form Submission Last Date : 05/02/2018 till 06:00 pm
Last Date for Application Fee Payment : 04/02/2018