CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Science Chapter 3 : Fibre to Fabric. NCERT Class 6 Science Solutions
Page No: 24
1. Classify the following fibres as natural or synthetic:
nylon, wool, cotton, silk, polyester, jute
Natual: wool cotton, jute, silk
Synthetic: nylon, polyester
2. State whether the following statements are true or false:
a) Yarn is made from fibres.
b) Spinning is a process of making fibres.
c) Jute is the outer covering of coconut.
d) The process of removing seed from cotton is called ginning.
e) Weaving of yarn makes a piece of fabric.
f) Silk fibre is obtained from the stem of a plant.
g) Polyester is a natural fibre
3. Fill in the blanks:
a) Plant fibres are obtained from_________ and ________ .
► Fruits and stems
b) Animals fibres are __________ and ___________ .
► Wool and silk
4. From which parts of plants cotton and jute are obtained?
Cotton fibres are obtained from fruit of the cotton plants and jute is obtained from the stem of Jute plant.
5. Name two items that are made from coconut fibre.
Ropes and doormats are made from coconut fibre.
6. Explain the process of making yarn from fibre.
Fibres from a mass of cotton wool are drawn out and twisted. This brings the fibres together to form a yarn.