NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 9 : Vital Villages Thriving Towns
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 9 : Vital Villages Thriving Towns. NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 9 Solutions
Page No: 97
1. Fill in the blanks:
(a) ___________ was a word used for large landowners in Tamil.
(b) Thegramabhojakaoften got his land cultivated by the _____________
► slaves and hired workers
(c) Ploughmen were known as ____________ in Tamil.
(d) Mostgrihapatiswere _______________ landowners
2. Describe the functions of thegramabhojaka. Why do you think he was powerful?
The functions ofgramabhojaka are collection of taxes, functioned as a judge, and sometimes as a policeman.
He was largest landowner also he had slaves and hired workers to cultivate the land therefore, he was powerful.
3. List the crafts persons who would have been present in both villages and cities.
The crafts persons who would be present in both villages and cities were goldsmiths, blacksmiths, weavers, basket makers, garland makers, perfumers.
4. Choose the correct answer:
(a) Ring wells were used for:
2. washing clothes
► 4. drainage
(b) Punch marked coins were made of:
► 1. silver
(c) Mathura was an important:
3. religious centre
4. forested area
► 3. religious centre
(d)Shreniswere associations of:
2. crafts persons
► 2. crafts persons
1. Which of the iron tools shown on page 87 would have been important for agriculture? What would the other tools have been used for?
The sickle would have been important for agriculture. The axe would have been used to chop wood and clear forests. The tongs would have been used to hold objects by the ironsmiths.
2. Compare the drainage system in your locality with that of the cities mentioned in the lesson. What similarities and differences do you notice?
Today’s drainage system is underground with covered drains. The kitchen, bathrooms and toilets are connected with main drain present outside through the help of pipelines. In ancient cities, they had ring well system. The rows of pots, or ceramic rings arranged one on top of the other which had been used as toilets in some cases, and as drains and garbage dumps.
• Drainage system were and are found in individual houses.