NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 5 : What Books And Burials Tells Us History
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 5 : What Books And Burials Tells Us History. NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 5 Solutions
Page No: 52
1. Match the columns
Used in Battles
Used in Battles
2. Complete the sentences:
(a) Slaves were used for ————————
► do whatever work their masters wanted.
(b) Megaliths are found in ————————
► the Deccan, south India, in the north-east and Kashmir.
(c) Stone circles or boulders on the surface were used to ————————
► indicate that there were burial beneath.
(d) Port-holes were used for ————————
► entering the burial places.
(e) People at Inamgaon ate ————————
► barley , wheat , peas , pulses , rice , millets , fruits and seasames also animal flesh and fruits.
3. In what ways are the books we read today different from the Rigveda?
The books we read today different from the Rigveda because the books we use are printed while Rigveda was recited and heard rather than read. The Rigveda is in old or Vedic Sanskrit.
4. What kind of evidence from burials do archaeologists use to find out whether there were social differences amongst those who were buried?
In Brahmagiri, archeologists found a skeleton buried with 33 gold beads, 2 stone beads, 4 copper bangles, and one conch shell while other skeletons have only a few pots. This help archealogists to find social differences amongst those who were buried.
5. In what ways do you think that the life of a raja was different from that of a dasa or dasi?
The life of raja was different from that of a dasa or dasi in following manner:
• Raja was a powerful leader who used to rule while Dasa or dasi are captured slaves who used to serve their masters.
• Raja can perform sacrifices while dasa or dasis could not.
• Raja was a free man while dasa or dasis have to do what their masters said.