CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th History Chapter 4 : In The Earliest Cities. NCERT Class 6 History Social Science Solutions. NCERT Class 6 History Social Studies Sst Textbook Our Pasts Chapter 4 Solutions
cloth were found attached to the lid of a silver vase and some copper objects at Mohenjodaro. They have also found spindle whorls, made of terracotta and faience which were used to spin thread.2. Match the columns
3. Why were metals, writing, the wheel, and the plough important for the Harappans?
Things and its importance:
• Metals – For making tools, weapons, ornaments and vessels
• Writing – For maintaining records.
• Wheels – Used as means of transport.
• Ploughing – For tilling the land so that farming could be done.
4. Make a list of all the terracotta toys shown in the lesson. Which do you think children would have enjoyed playing with the most?
List of teracotta toys shown in the lesson:
• Animal figures
• Wheeled vehicles
• Toy plough
Children would have enjoyed playing with the wheeled vehicles most.
5. Make a list of what the Harappans ate, and put a tick mark against the things you eat today.
The life of of farmers and herders who supplied food to the Harappan cities was different from that of the farmers and herders in Chapter 3. In Harappa, farmers and herders did agriculture and domestication of animals in a more organised way. They sold their surplus to meet other deands such as clothes etc. while the farmers and herders in Chapter 3 only produce for their own use.