NCERT Solutions for Class 6th English Chapter 8 : A Game of Chance
CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 6th English Chapter 8 A Game of Chance – Honeysuckle English
A. Complete the following sentences from memory choosing a phrase from those given in brackets.
1. ————————————— was held at the time of the Eid festival. (A big show, A big fair, A big competition)
► A big fair
2. Tradesmen came to the village with all kinds of goods —————— . (to display, to buy, to sell)
► to sell
3. Uncle told me —————— while he was away. (not to buy anything, not to go anywhere, not to talk to anyone)
► not to buy anything
4. The owner of the Lucky Shop wanted everybody present ——————— . (to play the game, to win a prize, to try their luck)
► to try their luck
5. The first time I took a chance I got —————————————–— . (a bottle of ink, two pencils, a trifle)
► two pencils
6. Uncle told me that the shopkeeper had made ————————. (a fool of me, a good profit, friends with many people)
► a fool of me
Page no: 104
B. Answer the following questions.
1. Why do you think Rasheed’s uncle asked him not to buy anything in his absence? (3)
Rasheed’s uncle asked him not to buy anything in his absence because he knew that the shopkeepers would cheat him.
The shop was called Lucky Shop because everybody can try their luck.
The old man made 15 rupees by selling the clock back to the shopkeeper.
The boy won four prizes. They were a comb, a fountain pen, a wristwatch and a table lamp.
Rasheed was upset because he had hopes of winning a big prize and he continued trying his luck again and again. But every time he got a trifle. People were looking at him and laughing at his bad luck, but no one showed any sympathy. He played till he finished all his money.
B. Notice the use of ‘there’ in the following sentences.
There was a big crowd at the fair.
There were many things I’d have liked to buy.
Now rewrite the following sentences using ‘there’ in the beginning. Look at the following examples.
I can do nothing to help you.
There is nothing I can do to help you.
A man at the door is asking to see you.
There is a man at the door asking to see you.
► There are two ways to solve this problem.
|huge big foolish interesting tiny unlucky last|
There was a ———— Eid fair in our village. We could buy anything from a ————— toy to a
———— camel. I went to the fair on its ———— day with Uncle and Bhaiya. We went to the Lucky Shop. It was very ———— . I tried my luck but did not win any prize. Later, Uncle told me that I was more ———— than ———— .
There was a big Eid fair in our village. We could buy anything from a tiny toy to a huge camel. I went to the fair on its last day with Uncle and Bhaiya. We went to the lucky shop. It was veryinteresting. I tried my luck but did not win any prize. Later uncle told me that I was more foolish than unlucky.
best solution which is helpful in reading properly….but where is poems question answer and a book i.e. a pact with the sun question answer