NCERT Solutions for Class 10th: Chapter 10 The Book that Saved the Earth Footprints without Feet English
By Claire Boiko
Page No: 63
Read and Find Out
1. Why was the twentieth century called the ‘Era of the Book’?
The twentieth century was often called the Era of the Book. In those days, there were books about everything, from ant eaters to Zulus. Books taught people how to, and when to, and where to, and why to. They illustrated, educated, punctuated, and even decorated.
2. Who tried to invade the earth in the twenty-first century?
The Martians tried to invade the earth in the twenty-first century.
Page No: 65
1. What guesses are made by Think-Tank about the books found on earth?
Think-Tank makes guesses about the books found on earth was that they are sandwiches meant for communication later he says that they are for eye communication.
Page No: 74
Think about It
1. Noodle avoids offending Think − Tank but at the same time he corrects his mistakes. How does he mange to do that?
Noodle avoided offending Think-Tank, but at the same time he corrected his mistakes. Whenever he had to say something contrary to what Think-Tank said, he would present his thoughts by referring to them as being of no particular importance. In this way he would correct Think-Tank’s errors without making him feel that he was being corrected.
2. If you were in Noodle’s place, how would you handle Think −Tank’s mistakes?
If I were in Noodle’s place, I would have handled Think-Tank’s mistakes the same way as Noodle does.
3. Do you think books are being replaced by the electronic media? Can we do away with books altogether?
No, electronic media has it’s own merit over physical books but it can never replace the physical books.
4. Why are books referred to as a man’s best companion? Which is your favourite book and why? Write a paragraph about that book.
Books are known to be as man’s best companion. Human can make mentally and friendly relation with them. They can use them for knowledge as well as time pass purpose.
Choose any of your favourite book and write one para about that.