NCERT Solutions for Class VII : Golu Grows a Nose An Alien Hand Supplementary Reader English
Page No: 34
Answer the following questions.
1. Whom does Golu ask, “Why don’t you ever fly like other birds?”
Golu asked his tall aunt, the ostrich that “Why don’t you ever fly like other birds?”
2. Which uncle of Golu had red eyes?
Golu’s huge uncle, the hippopotamus had red eyes.
3. Golu’s relatives did not answer his questions because
(i) they were shy.
(ii) the questions were too difficult.
(iii) Golu was a naughty baby.
Golu’s relatives did not answer because (ii) the questions were too difficult.
Page No: 35
4. Who advised Golu to go to the Limpopo river?
The mynah bird advised Golu to go to the Limpopo river.
5. Why did Golu go to the river?
Golu went to the river to know what the crocodile had for his dinner.
6. The crocodile lay on the bank of the Limpopo river. Golu thought it was
(i) a living crocodile.
(ii) a dead crocodile.
(iii) a log of wood.
Golu thought it was (iii) a log of wood.
7. What did the crocodile do to show that it was a real crocodile?
Crocodile shed his crocodile tears to show that it was a real crocodile.
8. “Come here, little one, and I’ll whisper the answer to you.”
The crocodile said this because
(i) he couldn’t stand up.
(ii) he wanted to eat Golu.
(iii) Golu was deaf.
The crocodile said this because (ii) he wanted to eat Golu.
9. Who helped Golu on the bank of the river?
The python helped Golu on the bank of the river.
10. Name two things the elephant can do with his trunk, and two he cannot.
The two things the elephant can do with his trunk are:
(i) pluck a large bundle of grass and stuff it into his mouth
(ii) scoop up some mud from the bank and slap it on his head.
The two things the elephant cannot do with his trunk are:
(i) cannot scratch himself with his trunk
(ii) cannot chew or eat food directly with his trunk.